Yama Yoga offers Drop-In classes, Private lessons, and other unique Iya Valley yoga experiences.
Drop In Classes
in the Iya Valley and Ikeda Town
These drop-in Hatha Yoga classes are available for anyone. Though usually held in Japanese, these classes can have some English included if requested (but why not try yoga in Japanese!). Beginners welcome. Check the Schedule for times.
- Held at either the Yama Yoga Studio in Iya's Ryugugake Cottages or at Studio MAHALO in Ikeda town.
- No reservations required, just arrive at least 10 minutes before class begins.
- 1000 yen (free yoga mats available for use)
-After some Ryugugake drop-in classes, an optional FREE Zumba class at 11:45am is included if you take the drop-in yoga. See below for details about ZUMBA.
- After yoga detox tea time included (Ryugugake classes only).
- For directions to either Ryugugake Cottages or to Studio MAHALO in Ikeda, please see the Access page
Private Lessons at Ryugugake
Held at the Yama Yoga Studio at Ryugugake Cotages, these private lessons allow for deeper and more personalized yoga instruction.
- Advanced reservation required.
- 75 minute lessons start from 5000 yen for up to 3 people. Add 1000 yen per additional person.
- Ryugugake Cottage guests receive a 500 yen discount per lesson!
- Complimentary herbal tea served afterwards.
- Outdoor lessons at Ryugugake Park also possible (weather permitting)
- Please contact with your request
Special Iya Valley Yoga Experiences
Though the main studio at Ryugugake Cottages is certainly beautiful, Yama Yoga also offers one-of-a-kind private lessons in a variety of locations in the valley. So why not make your visit to the Iya Valley unforgettable by practicing yoga someplace unique.
Click any of these possibilities for more details:
-The Yama Shala: A Hidden Mountain Farmhouse
-Niyama: The Tranquil Forest Hideaway
-Nakochi: -The Traditional Ochiai Hamlet Cottage
-San-jo Shrine: The Heart of Ochiai Village
-Ochiai-toge: The Mountain Pass Viewpoint
-Tenguzuka-san: The High Mountain Excursion
Iya Valley Travel Assistance and One-of-a-Kind Trips
Coming to the Iya Valley and looking for a unique experience? Yama Yoga can be of assistance with setting up a great visit and can help plan an awesome day based around a your yoga lesson.
We understand that arranging schedules and making reservations in Iya can be a challenge, but we know how to get around in deep Iya better than anyone. Want to arrange a soba noodle making workshop for after your yoga lesson? Need help finding a place for lunch or dinner? Seeking an off-the-beaten trail for hiking to a stunning mountain top? Hungry for an Iya-style barbecue featuring local delicacies? All this and more can be arranged for anyone who signs up for any private lesson.
Also, for those looking for personalized assistance with exploring the valley, you can extend our time together after the yoga lesson as we take you out to see various local sights, lead you to little known spots, and give in-depth explanations that can't be found in any guidebook. And if you don't have a car, we can take you in ours! (extra fee may be added, based on itinerary)
Let us help make the most of your Iya Adventure!
ZUMBA Dance Workout Classes
Yama Yoga is happy to announce that ZUMBA is now happening in the Iya Valley! Shake your hips to some funky beats at the most energetic workout in all of central Shikoku! Join the Party !!
- Drop-in Zumba held at the Yama Yoga Studio in Ryugugake Cottages.
- No reservations required, just arrive at Ryugugake at least 10 minutes before class begins.
- Held most weekends (usually Sundays 11:45am - 12:45am)
- 1000 yen (but FREE if you also take the drop-in yoga class held at 10am, so two class for one price!)
-Drop in classes are usually held in Japanese. The instructor can speak English, so some limited English directions can be included upon request.
-Private Lessons can be held in only English, but please allow for some language imperfection.
-Rental yoga mats available for 100 yen (availability may be limited).
-Yoga blocks and belts are also available if asked.
**Before coming, please be sure to check the Schedule for drop-in classes to be sure classes are being held that day !